Sunday, January 5, 2020

Cheers to a New Year!

Happy 2020 to you!  Every year I make a promise to myself to use up some stash.  I think it's working... my paper stash is about 6 inches smaller than it was three years ago.  As part of keeping my resolution, I made New Year's Thank You cards to send to my students.  They were so kind to me.  These cards were a wonderful blend of new and old.

I used my last 4 pieces of Vintage Violet, that I'd had for 15 years.  (I bought it to make Christmas cards the first year I started stamping.).  The last of the scraps were used to cut out the cheers.  I then used the last of some sparkly blue that I had.  Even all the paper from the 4 spring cards came straight from my scrap pile.  Only the inserts were new paper.

The Cheers to the New Year is from the SU holiday catalogue and I had to have it since I never manage to get Christmas cards out.  By the time I've written report cards in November, I can't string a coherent sentence together.  I tend to write my cards right after Christmas and send them in the first little bit of the new year, or as Valentine cards.  I figure as long as everyone gets a card over the course of the year, it's all good.  I have a good stash of Halloween cards; I may use them this year.

Challenges Entered - 
 Challenge Up Your Life:  Anything Goes
Crazy for Challenges:  Use Something New
Inkspirational Challenge:  Photo Inspiration (New Years' Theme)
Polkadoodles:  Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: Anything Goes
Lavina's World:  Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. fabulous...
    thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge
    DT Corinne
    http://wishuponascrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Christine! Don't you love it when you keep promises you've made to yourself? I do. Your stash of cards are just lovely, and so thoughtful! Great idea. And 3 inches in using up paper stash is no small feat either! I enjoyed seeing your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges >. Hope you join us frequently in the future.
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card to start off 2020! Happy New Year! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful and such a great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Lavinia World Challenges #17 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 1 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me smile, Christine! I am so glad you can see a difference in your stash now. The cards are perfect for that special note from you to your students. :) Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete