Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Hooray for your Birthday!

I had a rude awakening in June.  A friend asked me to cut out 500 1-inch by 2-inch music notes to make a collage for a retiring music teacher.  I said I would happily do it using my scraps.  The idea was that each note was to be decorated by a student or staff member in the school to represent our school community.  I figured I would probably have to use all my light coloured scraps to make it work, but not a problem.  When I had finished, I was no where close to using up my white scraps.  I had only managed to use enough to be able to put all my white scraps back in the folder that I had intended  for them without any needing to spill out onto my desk.  It's time to get back into crafting and more importantly, it's time to use up some stash!


I was trying to follow MFT Sketch 443 but I can't follow a pattern to save my life.  This card was a bit of a fluke.  I had decided to cut the purple DP and not worry about it if was straight but for the first time ever, it worked on my first try.  I then actually had to make something from it.  The yellow base was from my scrap pile as I am still trying to winnow down my scrap pile.  The die cut made it scream for a shaker card and they are very popular in my family so I pulled out some old sequins.  It's funny how eventually all our stash becomes usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment