Friday, February 20, 2015

Luck of the Irish to You


Sometimes inspiration comes from the strangest places.  I was inspired today by my favourite negative space art lesson that I like to teach in the spring.  You can see the link to it here.  The challenge on Speedy Fox and Friends is to make a sponged circle background.  I never do anything the way you are supposed to so rather than sponging circles, I punched out circles on post-it notes and sponged the rest of the background to create negative white spaces.  Once the post-its were removed, I was able to use MFP's Calendar set to stamp my images.  I was almost tempted to leave it as a note-card but DH said it needed more.  I really wanted to keep it CAS though so the background could really shine.  The ribbon is from the handle of a shopping bag.  The sentiment is outlined in gold sharpie since I'm out of gold paper.  The sentiment is also from MFP's Tree Frogs.  I'm so ready for St. Paddy's and Spring Break!

4 comments:

  1. Love your creative mind, Christine! Your reverse sponged background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yah! this is oerfect Hope it is lucky ....>Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card worked out lovely!!! How cute for St. Paddy's day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative thinking on this one. Good job.

    ReplyDelete