Thursday, June 7, 2018

Gingerbread Baking


Day 5 of playing with the new Stampin' Up Catalogue.  I hope some of you have started to join me.  I am back on page 97 for a bit more Christmas.  I adapted the gift bag into a card since I prefer cards.  Again, because I'm using what I have, I modified where needed.  I started with the DP on Close to Cocoa.  The was awesome because everything on the card came from my scrap pile, including the base.  The gingerbread men are from an old Waltzingmouse set that I love.  All the gingerbread decorations are separately stamped so you have so much flexibility.  I just fussy cut them out.  I put them on some silver cardstock to look like the baking sheet.  Since I don't have an apron die and didn't feel like going down to my computer to fiddle with finding a template, I used my spellbinder mittens as oven mitt.  The sentiment came from the same Waltzingmouse set.

This card while it shouldn't work from a design standpoint is a lot of fun and I think my niece will get a kick out of it in December so I'm happy.  I don't think I need the Cookie Cutter Christmas set since the gingerbread man was my favourite in the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment